10 Reasons to Buy a Rinnai RUR98 Tankless Water Heater
The best from Rinnai, the RUR98 tankless water heater is a powerful and efficient unit that heats water on demand and delivers it in endless supply to large homes.
The RUR series is built for large homes and is able to deliver a high water flow rate with accurate temperature control and significantly reduced temperature fluctuation. The RUR98 model (sold on amazon.com) utilizes advanced technology, ensuring savings of up to 40%.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
1. High water flow
- Endless supply of hot water
- Maximum flow of 9.8 GPM
- Steady supply up to 4 fixtures
2. Instant and fast hot water delivery
- 360 Therm Recirculation system provides instant hot water
- Internal and external recirculation modes
- Integrated circulation pump provides hot water fast
Rinnai RUR98i - Inside
- Built-in microprocessor
- Advanced diagnostics with error codes
- Large display
- Wi-Fi ready
- Remote diagnostics and maintenance
4. Tankless & condensing
- On-demand water heating
- 2 heat exchangers (stainless steel & copper)
- Uses latent energy from exhaust gases to preheat the water
- Low temperature of exhaust gases
5. High efficiency
- Ultra-high efficiency of 0.96
- Reduced energy usage up to 40%
- Annual operating costs $171 (vs. $273 for the 50-gal model) (per department of energy-US)
- Energy Star compliant
6. Easy temperature control
- The modulating gas valve and advanced electronics allow RUR98 to control the temperature between 98 and 140 F accurately and consistently.
- It comes with a built-in digital controller with a large display
(24 hr programming).
7. Powerful gas burner
- Strong and Eco-friendly gas burner
- Modulating power output from 15,200 to 199,000 BTU
- Automatic gas and oxygen adjustment to meet water heating demand
- On-demand heating
- Recyclable and replaceable parts and the smaller size means less waste in landfills.
- Ultra-low gas emission
- Higher efficiency - less waste
- Reduced energy and water consumption
9. Flexible installation
- Wall-mount design results in more floor space
- Indoor and outdoor options
- Used in residential, commercial, and mobile home applications
- Natural and propane gas type
- Dual venting option allows concentric and dual pipe venting
- PVC and CPVC vents; lengths up to 100 ft.
- Integrated condensation trap
- ¾ and ½ gas connection compatible
- Isolation valve for easy service
- Long-lasting – over 20 years
- All the components are replaceable
- 12-year warranty
Highlights of customer reviews
- Lots of hot water. One of the users was excited that his new Rinnai RUR 98 was able to provide plenty of hot water to the dishwasher, washing machine, and 3 showers - simultaneously.
- Saving space. Approximately 70% of space was saved when one user switched from a 50-gal tank-type water heater to Rinnai tankless water heater.
- Fast hot water delivery. This user lives in a colder climate, and his problem was the lower incoming water temperature. By using the RUR series and its recirculation feature, he was able to get hot water fast and at the set time - even faster than the traditional tank-type heater. The other user noticed a 50% decrease in water consumption.
- The main complaint is the initial price of the unit and installation cost.
- While using the recirculation, the owners complained about the water noise inside the pipes, pump humming, even water hammer. Also, there were some issues with the circulation pump.
Note: Many users agreed that the professional should install the unit, and not the amateurs!