Ongoing tankless problems
by Chuck Barry
I had one of the tankless water heaters installed by a plumbing company on May 20, 2010, and it has been a constant ongoing source of problems since it was installed. The problems are as follows;
1) Shortly after it was installed, it quit working (error code #11 - no ignition), and it was 3 days before we could get the plumber to troubleshoot the problem - he took all the covers off the unit and somehow managed to get it working again - as far as I know, he never did identify the underlying problem.
2) Unit is extremely unreliable - you can adjust the water tap to deliver water at the desired temperature, and just when you start to use it, it starts running cold water.
3) you can turn the water tap on "full" in the hot position, and it will run hot for a short time (one minute or less) and then starts running cold water.
4) The Model number & serial number on the box that it came in is totally different than the model & serial numbers on the unit. Numbers are as follows;
Box Model #GT505NI 200
Unit Model #AEU-VA2535FFUD-UC-W
Box Serial #0930A400048
Unit Serial #09.04-000695 Ap. 2009
Is it possible that I received a unit that was defective and subsequently repackaged?????????????
5) I have repeatedly tried to get the plumbing company out to identify & fix the problems but have been unsuccessful - either "out - leave a message" or "will get back to you when I get back to the office". I can only assume that they do not know what the problem is, how to fix it, or just do not care.
6) Do you have a Technical Service Representative or a reputable Plumbing Company available to do on-site troubleshooting on this unit???????
In its present condition, the unit is next to unusable, and a is a constant source of frustration.
Your early reply would be appreciated.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Tankless.